Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I need your help!




As most of you know, my mom has been hurting for about 6 months now. It all started with an injury to her neck that never got better only worse. So, she had a cervical steroid shot to help it heal, but it didn't. It actually made her vitamin D levels plummet to about 0 (normal is between 50-80).  After several stays in the hospital, we finally figure out that that was the problem, only it wasn't. After getting off of the steroids, and having vitamin D pumped into her body, she should be feeling better, but she isn't. She worse. Which brings us back to her neck. One doctor wants to replace 4 vertebra and one doesn't think she needs any surgery. 

After 6 months of this, you can imagine that she's discouraged. This is where you come in.  If you have been praying or are willing to start praying for my mom, I would like you to send her a card and tell her so. I would love for you to get your church or sunday school to be praying for her and have everyone that is praying for her to send her a card.  I will post her address at the end of this blog.

My mom's mental state is great. She's not depressed or anything like that, she just wants a doctor to find out what's wrong and fix it.

Here is what we would like for you to pray about:

1. that God would open the doors to the right doctor
2. give us the right diagnosis
3. that the doctor would prescribe the right treatment
4. that God would give my mom her health back
5. and that God wouldn't make her wait too much longer. She's very weary.

So, here is my mom's address:

Kim & Anne Quinn
19615 Crossbranch
Houston, TX 77094

(Kim is my step-dad, he's Australian for those of you who don't know him, that's why he has a girls name! LOL)

Here are some pictures of them. If you click on the photos, they will enlarge.

 

 Mom in October 2008
 

Mom and Kim in the Cayman Islands this summer. She got the cervical injection the week before we left and a few days later the problems really started happening. She didn't feel well on this trip.

Another Cayman Islands photo

October 2009 with EmmaLee and Lucy for her birthday.
(in this photo you can see how tired she is by looking at her eyes)

Please post a comment and let me know if you will be sending her a card and PLEASE, if you know my parents don't tell them I'm doing this. I would just like for them to be bombarded with cards and notes of encouragement and prayer.
Thanks for your help!

4 comments:

  1. I will definitely get her a card in the mail. She's a special person, who was always so kind and appreciative any time she picked Lucy up from my Sunday School class. Great idea, Stacy! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I will have Elizabeth draw her something tomorrow and get it in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get a card in the mail this weekend. I talked to your mom last night for a good while, and she did sound discouraged and depressed. No wonder... she's always so busy and vibrant and running here and there. This has to be incredibly difficult for her, both emotionally and physically. I am praying for her and her doctors and for all of you in her immediate family that are working hard to keep her positive. Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl,
    bought a card this week. will start praying and get it in the mail 2morrow.
    jenn

    ReplyDelete