Monday, August 25, 2008

Watch Mommy!

Lucy says that all the time. "Watch Mommy", and then she does something that she thinks is great fun! Like jumping off the back of the couch onto the cushions. Or jumping into the pool all by herself with her inner tube floatie around her. But TODAY, she didn't use her floatie.

We were at a Not Back to School Party for homeschooling families. As we were packing up to leave, she wandered over to the edge of the pool and stood there waiting for me to see her. When I did see her, she was teetering on the edge of the pool. Daniel was closest to her and my friend, Valerie, was standing in front of me so she was closer too. I called out to Daniel and Valerie started walking over to her, so I went back to packing. I had put one more thing in the bag and looked up and she was underwater. Apparently because they were rushing towards her, she decided to 'go for it' and jumped in. Two moms that were already in the water came to her rescue. When they pulled her out, she coughed a couple of times and was fine. The moms were surprised I wasn't more upset. I thought to myself, 'they haven't read my blog, so they have no idea!'.

No comments:

Post a Comment