Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lucy is at it again....but this time, she had help

I'm still working on the Cayman vacation photos,  there are 'several' :)

But I thought I'd post the latest on Lucy. 

Today she spent the day at Aunt De's house with her cousin, Blake, who is 3 months younger than her and had recently broken his finger. When I returned to pick her up, she and Blake were in the backyard on the patio. EmmaLee went outside to see what they were doing and promptly came back in the house to tell us that they had been playing with sidewalk chalk and had gotten it wet and now it was all over them and their clothes.  De and I just looked at each other and rolled our eyes.  When we got to the door to survey the damage, it was worse than we thought. I told EmmaLee to run get my camera out of the van.  When she returned I started snapping pictures.
 
As I was looking through the lens, I noticed that Lucy had black smudges all over her face and little dots on her nose that looked like soot. But that didn't add up so I just assumed that it was black chalk and the sweat on her nose made it bead up. Makes sense right? She does have a guilty look on her face, don't ya think?


 WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!


She was guilty! Very Guilty!





Lucy and Blake had decided to play in the charcoal filled fire pit that was hidden from view through the windows!  IT REALLY WAS SOOT! 

Of course Lucy and Blake blamed each other and lied about having anything to do with it. But Lucy finally confessed and all was forgiven. 

It's been awhile since she's done anything like this and actually De and I had been talking a few weeks ago that we were surprise that nothing like this had happened yet and we were just waiting for it.... :)

Cousins!

4 comments:

  1. Stacy! They are SO INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL! I know it seemed like a huge mess, but look at these amazing photos of these precious little faces who obviously knew they shouldn't have been doing what they were doing but had a REALLY good time doing it! It's all right there on those little expressions! The blue eyes! And the ringlets! And Blake's grin is just priceless! I love how he has his arm protectively on her shoulder! LOVE IT!
    Lisa Malstrom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! My life is filled with these antics!
    Korin Hardt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lucy! :) Pictures are fabulous....I wonder what she thinks whenever she does something wrong that you go get the camera?? Eventually she'll stop out of embarrasment of her bad choices showing up on FB--- when she's old enough to understand that! For now she probably thinks that every mom takes pictures of their kids when they do something bad...
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love her pitiful look. it kinda reminds me of that picture of david pouting. same level of drama
    Amy S

    ReplyDelete